In this episode of The Power Women in Insurance, Teresa speaks with her children Geoff and Kaleigh Kitchens about their experience growing up as the children of an insurance entrepreneur. They explain the entrepreneurial lessons they learned from their mother and the challenges of having a mentally absent entrepreneur mother.
Listen in to learn the importance of maintaining a close relationship with your children even as you build an insurance agency.
- The risk-taking and perseverance lessons that Teresa taught to her children.
- Creating a close-knit family as a busy insurance owner.
- [2:24] Kaleigh and Geoff share their first memories of the insurance agency.
- [6:42] Geoff and Kaleigh explain how their mother’s risk-taking and hardworking spirit became a lesson they took on to life.
- [16:07] Jeff shares how he grew up more independent than other kids as a child of an entrepreneur mom.
- [18:01] Kaleigh opens up about the challenge of growing up not understanding the work her mom did.
- [20:47] How Kaleigh adopted her mother’s ‘customer service’ voice as an inspiration.
Connect With Teresa!
Sterling Insurance Group’s Website: https://www.sterlinginsnow.com
Teresa’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teresa.comerkitchens
Sterling Insurance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sterlinginsurancegrouptx/