In this episode of the Power Women in Insurance Podcast, Teresa speaks with Anah Brodhagen, the personal lines account manager at Blasingame Insurance, Washington. She shares her insurance journey that began when she was clueless about the industry and had to learn on the job.
Listen in to learn how to build relationships and trust with your insurance clients. You will also learn some valuable tips on how to succeed in the insurance industry as a beginner.
“Insurance isn’t the most exciting glamorous business in the world, but when people need it, it’s huge.”– Anah Brodhagen [28:16]
- The joy of getting involved and helping the community.
- The benefits of doing an alphabetical split in the agency for general efficiency.
- The importance of asking for help when starting out in insurance.
What you will learn:
- [1:27] She shares how she went from working in a medical office to the insurance industry 9 years ago as a clueless beginner.
- [5:33] She explains how she helps her clients by forming relationships with them.
- [10:23] She describes Lisa LeBlanc as her mentor and the person who has contributed largely to her success.
- [14:00] How she’s looking forward to continuing helping her clients and the community at large.
- [19:18] How she and her partner use the alphabetical split in their agency for efficiency and building relationships.
- [22:24] She explains some of the challenges she handles with her clients especially as the bearer of bad news.
- [26:30] She gives out some important tips that beginners in the insurance industry need to know.
Connect With Teresa!
Sterling Insurance Group’s Website: https://www.sterlinginsnow.com
Teresa’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teresa.comerkitchens
Sterling Insurance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sterlinginsurancegrouptx/