Meet Ashley Mastowski, an independent insurance agency owner at First Choice Insurance out of Las Vegas. She has over 20 years of customer service and sales in the insurance industry and now helps families protect their assets and loved ones against the unexpected.
In this episode of The Power Women in Insurance, Ashley shares her insurance journey from an office manager in a captive insurance agency to owning an independent agency. She explains how she navigated the industry by researching and learning from others in her agency’s niche.
Listen in to learn how to perfect the art of vulnerability and adaptability to achieve success in your insurance agency.
“A big piece of my success is just being vulnerable to learning and growing and opening up to other people.”– Ashley [24:02]
- How to move past the research phase to the execution phase when starting a business
- How to find the right systems and programs to utilize for an independent agency by learning from others in the same niche as you
- How to learn from your mistakes when running a business
- Learn to be open to vulnerability and adaptability to be successful.
- [1:52] Ashley shares how she went from a 12-year office manager career for an insurance agency and jumped headfirst into agency ownership.
- [6:44] She explains how she navigated being an agency owner versus when she was employed.
- [11:36] The pro and cons of owning an independent agency when it comes to operating systems and programs.
- [17:46] How she found what works for her by asking questions and educating herself.
- [23:29] Ashley explains how she has grown and succeeded by educating her clients whatever she learns.
- [27:58] The lesson of vulnerability and adaptability to change that Ashley would give her younger self.
- [29:15] How she’s inspired by her ability to build a successful business in a short period of time.
Connect With Teresa!
Sterling Insurance Group’s Website: https://www.sterlinginsnow.com
Teresa’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teresa.comerkitchens
Sterling Insurance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sterlinginsurancegrouptx/