In the first episode of Book 5 of the Explain This Book To Me Podcast, Josh Lipstone begins his discussion with the co-author of the book Best Version Possible, Brent Kelly. They discuss chapters 1-4 of BVP and learn about how much money an agency owner can leave on the table when they go to sell, the seven deadly traps to avoid, how to gain clarity as an agency owner, and becoming your best version possible.
To purchase the book please visit this link, Sitkins Book, and to watch the documentary about the book please visit this link, Sitkins VIP.
- Brent shares that he likes both books and e-books, and his favorite book is 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John Maxwell. (2:20)
- Brent shares that both nature and nurture made him the person he is today. (3:30)
- Brent explains the quote at the beginning of his book and what it meant to him. (5:03)
- Brent shares the tale of two owners and the path that each chose. (7:20)
- Brent shares a reference to a chapter he wrote in the book regarding EBITDA. (10:38)
- Brent shares how insurance agents are supposed to stand out and come up with their own unique sales approach. (16:53)
- Brent agrees that the trap of part time clients is the largest trap but also one of the easiest to get out of at the same time. (22:15)
- Brent elaborates on the trap that he sees most agencies start to tackle first and how they can begin dealing with it. (24:37)
- Brent shares his memories of the beginning of the broke grow program. (28:29)
- Brent shares his insights of being a therapist or psychologist for his clients. (33:37)
- Brent shares about the four different versions of the book, the Best Version Possible. (39:32)
- “You’ve got to have a level of awareness of ‘Am I on the right path here?’ And sometimes you don’t even know it until you talk to other people, whether it’s peers or coaches.” – Brent Kelly
- “There is certain God-given wiring that we have. I think it’s up to us to figure out what our strengths are in that wiring and then maximize the heck out of it through nurturing our environment.” – Brent Kelly
- “Agencies have too many things to do. It’s not about doing more. It’s about understanding the power of 80/20 and doing the right things and doing them better.” – Brent Kelly