Are you an insurance agent who has had moderate success selling insurance, but you just know you’re not reaching your full capacity? Do you not have a strategic plan, or a step-by-step process to win new business, and you’re merely quoting but not winning? That was the experience of Daniel Brookman, before joining 12X Commission Mastermind and implementing the training. Now, he’s winning signed BOR’s and building his Book of Business.
In this episode of the Millionaire Insurance Producer podcast, host Charles Specht interviews Daniel to find out what is working for him now, what is he saying, and why did that large manufacturing account sign his BOR during their first meeting!
Learn more about the 12X Commission Mastermind at this link: 12x.club
- Charles explains that in order to be a successful insurance agent, it is crucial to ask for what you want and to be a hunter, rather than a gatherer. (2:02)
- Daniel shares that he is an experienced insurance agent from Ohio, specializing in life insurance, but also writes commercial property and casualty policies. (5:32)
- Daniel mentions that joining the 12X Commission Mastermind has been hugely beneficial, particularly the two weekly calls with the group’s leaders, which helped him maintain a productive mindset and keep prospecting as his top priority. (8:33)
- Daniel believes that the discovery interview is the most important part of the sales process. (11:51)
- Daniel discusses being explicit about what you are going to provide is a good way to contrast what you’re capable of doing and willing to do with what the incumbent agent is doing. (16:30)
- Daniel explains that he used to cold call and quote policies, but after listening to sales and insurance-based podcasts, he realized the importance of having a specialized and differentiated approach to prospecting and messaging to stand out from competitors. (21:15)
- Daniel believes that transparency and explaining the process can help buyers understand how to get the best deal without hurting themselves in the long run. (25:00)
- Daniel explains that 12X Commission Mastermind offers a solution to those who are tired of the same old process of getting quotes and following policies, feeling stuck, and not standing out from others. (26:58)
- Charles discusses the benefits of being a member of the 12x Commision Mastermind program. (27:55)
- “I still think the discovery interview is the most important part of the sales process, because you get invited in for a reason. And the number one thing you got to find out in that discovery process is, why are you there? Why did you get invited in?” – Daniel Brookman
- “The biggest benefit has actually been mindset. Having those two weekly calls with yourself and the other producers on there, and just keeping those ideas fresh, keeping prospecting, top of mind, it keeps me from kind of straying away, and, you know, kind of losing focus on what’s most important as a producer, which is prospecting.” – Daniel Brookman
- “Now my prospecting is specialized. The messaging is not just industry specialized, but also specialized kind of talking and tailored to this process, and how I’m going to be different than just quoting your insurance.” – Daniel Brookman