We’re excited to announce that the first episode of The MVP Podcast, hosted by Mitch Gibson, on the Agency Intelligence Podcast Network is live!
In this episode of The MVP Podcast, Mitch Gibson sits down with agency owner of Portal Insurance and co-host of the Insurance Guys Podcast, Bradley Flowers, to talk a little more about his path and the things he’s learned along the way from being a young agent, to growing a rapid growing start-up agency in Mobile, Alabama.
- Bradley shares his favorite hobby. (3:01)
- What are Bradley’s biggest motivators? (5:40)
- Bradley shares the characteristics he looks for in new agents. (9:43)
- Bradley explains the agency’s core values. (9:59)
- Bradley shares how their hiring process works. (13:03)
- Bradley mentions his YouTube series called, Making The Donuts. (16:01)
- Bradley shares the significance of having a personal brand. (24:53)
- If Bradley could spend 24 hours with anybody in the world, dead or alive, who would it be, and why? (31:51)
- “If you have a good culture fit, everything else probably is going to work itself out. Because, if they’re not a good fit at what we’re hiring for, if they’re a good culture fit, we’ll find a position for them.” – Bradley Flowers
- “If you’re applying for a job, how do I show them that I’m going to add more value to this job, and to this organization than what they’re paying me. Or, if you’re working for a company, how do I add more value than what I’m doing now?” – Bradley Flowers
- “Being different and being better, and being extraordinary… it’s supposed to be difficult, and it’s supposed to be hard. You’re going to deal with problems that you didn’t expect, that you shouldn’t have to deal with. But, because you’re doing something amazing, that’s a good thing. You need to embrace that. You need to be ready for it.” – Bradley Flowers