Dawn Janes Bartley is the CEO and founder of Minnesota Insurance Group serving in business management, agency sales, and broker services director.
In this episode of the Power Women in Insurance Podcast, Teresa sits with Dawn as she shares her insurance journey that started 23 years ago. She explains in detail her loss of drive and passion for her career recently and how she’s working to get over that slump.
Listen in to learn how being surrounded by a positive tribe of people will help you regain your energy if you have been losing the motivation to continue running your business. You will also learn how to be a good leader who helps the team to fully participate in projects and move forward.
“Find a tribe or create a tribe, it doesn’t have to be insurance professionals, it just needs to be a tribe of people that are as excited about growth as you are.” [23:57]
- How to be a collaborative leader who cares about the team’s approach towards a project.
- How to feel empowered by giving back to the community.
- The importance of being around positive people that helps you be more energetic.
What you will learn:
- [1:27] She shares her insurance journey that started 23 years ago without experience in the industry.
- [4:00] She explains how she has shifted over the course of being a business owner and how she’s now working to refine her initial drive.
- [8:03] How she is drafting to get the energy to continue in her path.
- [13:42] How she leads her team by being open and collaborative towards their project ideas.
- [17:22] Dawn describes ways in which she and her team have given back to the community during the COVID-19 period and how that has served as empowerment for her.
- [19:17] How outside helping and engaging with the community rejuvenates her team.
- [22:07] Why you need to find positive people that will motivate you to be more energetic.
Connect With Teresa!
Sterling Insurance Group’s Website: https://www.sterlinginsnow.com
Teresa’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teresa.comerkitchens
Sterling Insurance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sterlinginsurancegrouptx/