- James introduces the topic for this episode, Excess and Surplus insurance, and his episode co-host, Ciara Gravier. (0:11)
- Ciara talks about the importance of efficiency in her two person agency. (6:38)
- Ciara shares that one of the things she did that helped her perform more profitably was to have an underwriter on her side. (10:23)
- Ciara mentions that a large portion of their referrals and leads come from their networking efforts. (14:42)
- Ciara explains that Wunderite has been very helpful in gathering their supplements. (18:38)
- Ciara shares going to conferences has provided her with valuable information that she has been able to apply to her agency. (23:59)
- Ciara mentions that they do turn away business if it is not the right fit. (34:04)
- Ciara explains that they utilize Think Direct for her other agency. (52:08)
- Ciara believes that one thing she learned from the Killing Commercial was to ask the underwriter, “What do you like to write?” (57:55)
- “How do we write surplus and excess insurance profitably? How do we do it quickly and efficiently so that you can put more of it into your agency and do it in a way that makes sense in the larger operation?” – James Jenkins
- “It’s all or nothing. If you’re not ready to move everything, then we’re not ready to help you let us know when you’re ready to come into The Bunker.” – Ciara Gravier
- “The key is to find an underwriter that you click with, that you guys get along, and then treat them well with your submissions.” – Ciara Gravier
Learn more about Ciara’s agency at https://www.bunkeryourrisk.com.
Visit our website to join our email list, get the scoop on our LIVE coaching calls and never miss an episode: https://www.agencyfreedom.com
Connect with Agency Freedom Podcast on Facebook at the Agency Freedom group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/agencyfreedom
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with ideas, questions, complaints or your favorite grilling recipe.