In this episode of Agency Freedom Podcast, James talks with Erik Garcia, Certified Financial Planner and Investment Advisor with New Century Financial Group and the Founder of Plan Wisely Wealth Advisors. He is co-owner of Garcia Insurance Services in New Orleans. And, he is the co-host of the podcast Stuff About Money They Didn’t Teach You In School.
- Erik discusses what made him decide to enter the insurance industry. (11:16)
- Erik explains that there is a difference between gaining cash flow and business growth. (17:37)
- Erik tells business owners that they need to build their business as though they’re going to sell it. (23:02)
- Erik shares that the thing that drives him most crazy in the industry is contracts and the process of getting them. (29:51)
- Erik discusses the captive agency he was with and the underwriting guidelines that had to be arranged when Katrina hit. (37:36)
- Erik debunks the myth that because you own a business, you have attained freedom. (40:47)
- Erik talks about every investment being a question of risk and offers examples. (45:05)
- Erik shares that the worst thing that can happen to you as a leader is to look back and realize no one is following. (55:28)
- Erik explains that the more you duplicate yourself in your business, the more freedom you gain. (58:58)
- “You know, the worst thing that can happen to you as a leader is to look back and no one’s following you.” – Erik Garcia, CFP®, BFA
- “I want to be known as a financial planner. That’s the work I enjoy. It gives me life. It is fun, there’s nothing more fun than seeing people make good decisions with their money from an investment standpoint.” – Erik Garcia, CFP®, BFA
- “The more you duplicate yourself in your business, guess what? You just got freedom, you have just released yourself from a little bit more captivity because you are not needed.” – Erik Garcia, CFP®, BFA
Learn more about Erik’s office at https://www.plan-wisely.com.
Visit our website to join our email list, get the scoop on our LIVE coaching calls and never miss an episode: https://www.agencyfreedom.com
Connect with Agency Freedom Podcast on Facebook at the Agency Freedom Podcast group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/agencyfreedom