In this episode, James talks with John Loeber, and Shea McNamara from Limit.
To learn more about Limit, visit https://www.limit.com/.
Visit our website to join our email list, get the scoop on our LIVE coaching calls and never miss an episode: https://www.agencyfreedom.com
Connect with Agency Freedom Podcast on Facebook at the Agency Freedom Podcast group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/agencyfreedom
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with ideas, questions, complaints or your favorite grilling recipe.
- John explains that Limit is a digital wholesale insurance brokerage that innovates to bring retail brokers and independent agents insurance coverage quicker, smarter, and cheaper. (3:02)
- Shea mentions that their team is made up of proper tech masters from the big tech shops of the world who know how to code, develop, and build, and also world-class insurance professionals who have been in the industry for 15 to 20 years. (4:24)
- Shea discusses the responsibilities and backgrounds of each Limit co-founder, and how they came up with the idea for Limit. (7:38)
- Shea explains how Limit differs from other companies and why they emphasize agent empowerment. (15:57)
- Shea explains what the Limit Platform is and how it saves agents time. (18:22)
- John mentions that Limit can compete on commission and that technology allows them to automate a large portion of the type of behind-the-scenes work (29:30)
- Shea explains that they are developing an excellent ability to analyze price and market trends by product, company size, industry, and by amount of limit being purchased. (36:17)
- Shea believes that one of the unique aspects of working on a technical product is that it constantly reminds us that we are still in the early stages of quicker, better, and cheaper insurance transactions. (39:50)
- Shea shares their thoughts on the possibility that embedded distribution provides the marketplace, and what Limit is going to do to help merchants who want to explore more efficient ways to provide solutions to their clients. (44:00)
- “We believe that unfortunately, the agent who’s the best at building those relationships, and trust and understanding, they’re inundated with compliance and regulation and repetitive rope business processes. And we want them to spend all their time and energy building trust and building relationships and building custom insurance programs to protect businesses across the country.” – Shea McNamara
- “Agents are our first and foremost, our most important customer. Our second most important customer is our carrier partners. ” – Shea McNamara
- “One of the special things about getting to work on a kind of technical product is that it always underscores everywhere that these are just like the early days, right? These are the early days of faster, better, cheaper insurance transactions.” – Shea McNamara