In Part 2 of this two-part episode, James talks with Aaron Farmer, Principal of Top Dog Pet Health Insurance, and President of California Flood Insurance.
To learn more about California Flood Insurance, visit https://californiafloodinsurance.com/.
Visit our website to join our email list, get the scoop on our LIVE coaching calls and never miss an episode: https://www.agencyfreedom.com
Connect with Agency Freedom Podcast on Facebook at the Agency Freedom Podcast group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/agencyfreedom
Email us at email@example.com with ideas, questions, complaints or your favorite grilling recipe.
- Aaron discusses how his agency initially planned to get homeowners insurance and how they ended up with a private flood program. (4:09)
- Aaron explains what a syndicate is and how Lloyds works. (10:45)
- James mentions that one of these days he’ll find someone high up at Lloyds willing to go on a podcast episode. (13:07)
- Aaron explains that the broker’s duty is to constantly run around to all the syndicates and have individuals lined up ready to drop their line down to add aggregate. (18:29)
- Aaron explains how he came up with the concept for Top Dog Pet Insurance and how he got Bradley Flower’s attention. (26:26)
- Aaron mentions that, for the agents, Top Dog Pet Insurance is simple, timely, the commission is good and they are not connected to any other carrier. (28:57)
- Aaron shares that Top Dog Pet Insurance provides clients with a unique URL that they can place on their website, in a marketing campaign, and in a welcome package, and the customer can quote and bind themselves while the agent is still paid a commission. (30:22)
- Aaron explains that the service on the pet insurance is fantastic because there is a vet chat available 24/7 or they can phone in. (31:29)
- Aaron shares that in the first two weeks, they had well over 100 individuals sign up. (33:27)
- Aaron mentions that he is looking for someone who writes a large policy out of pet insurance. (36:48)
- Aaron expresses his willingness to assist anyone in the business, young or old, who may need advice. (39:16)
- “The service on this pet thing is tremendous. So, agents can feel very confident that if their customer calls in and needs help, their customer is going to be, ‘Wow, this was fantastic’. Because there’s a 24/7 vet chat, or they can call in. And the agent doesn’t have to do any service.” – Aaron Farmer
- “I got a lot of help through the last 24 years of being an agent…there’s people always willing, that gave to me, that didn’t have to, and I want to feel that I can give. This isn’t about you know, selling anything. If I can give any advice, please just reach out. I’d be you know, I’d be honored to help anyone… young or old in the business.” – Aaron Farmer