In this episode of Power Women In Insurance, Teresa Kitchens sits down with Kathryn Arnold, Insurance Broker. Kathryn discusses how she came into the health/life industry and how much she loves the Medicare space in insurance. She also discusses her passion for helping others build their business and how she shares that passion through the Women In Insurance team.
- Kathryn shares that got into the insurance industry to prevent others from experiencing the financial burden she faced when her father passed away without a proper life insurance policy, and now finds fulfillment in helping people with Medicare, health insurance, retirements, and annuities. (1:23)
- Kathryn mentions that she found her tribe within Women of Insurance, which helped her transition from a toxic work environment to building her own successful business through natural connections, lazy prospecting, and community outreach. (6:38)
- Kathryn mentions that she receives a lot of gratitude and appreciation for organizing conferences, training, and providing resources, with many women unaware of the available options and benefits. (18:54)
- Kathryn believes that learning from others is essential for personal growth and success, as no one has all the answers. (23:33)
- “To me, Women of Insurance is a supportive, empowering, safe space for women to come together and connect without the drama and negativity or pressure.” – Kathryn Arnold
- “Self-growth is something that you’re going to have to constantly have. Because the industry is ever-changing, things are constantly changing, and you’re gonna have to constantly self-grow.” – Kathryn Arnold
- “The insurance industry is super competitive. It doesn’t have to be so competitive. I don’t have to compete with other people, there is enough of it to go around.” – Kathryn Arnold