Joan Curtis is a licensed independent insurance agent and the owner of MVP insurance in Oklahoma. MVP (Most Value Possible) is an independent agency specializing in service for home, auto, umbrella, life, and commercial policies
In this episode of the Power Women in Insurance Podcast, Teresa speaks with Joan as she describes her insurance agency ownership journey. She explains how she has mastered signing value-adding customers and selling value in return without compromising her business strategy and wellbeing.
Listen in to learn how to target your market according to value and not price while building a long-term relationship. You will also learn the importance of taking care of yourself and spending time with family even as you strive for success with your business.
“It’s not worth the time and the effort for the money you’re going to make for one month and then they cancel.”– Joan [9:34]
- How to target your market according to how you value yourself as an agency without servicing everyone.
- How to run a business of value by signing value-adding customers.
- How to make clients understand what you can do and not do for them and still maintain a relationship.
- Building your worth and value to sell big numbers in less time.
- The importance of letting go of clients that are not working for your business strategy.
What you will learn:
- [1:55] Joan describes both her insurance agency ownership journey which she started at 45 years and the rebranding.
- [4:05] How MVP targeted its market in accordance with their value and not price.
- [11:26] Learning to build a business that is going to support you long term- being a business of value.
- [13:11] Joan explains a step by step process of engaging a client first time to create a relationship.
- [24:17] Learning to say no to customers who are not the target market to make your work easier.
- [31:20] The importance of taking personal time for self-care and family.
- [34:38] How not to sell yourself short for a few dollars but rather sell value as a woman in insurance.
- [40:02] Providing a safe space for your clients and allowing those who don’t match your business strategy to go.
- [46:50] Allowing the community of women of IOA to support you when you’re stuck.
Connect with Joan!
Connect With Teresa!
Sterling Insurance Group’s Website: https://www.sterlinginsnow.com
Power Women In Insurance Podcast Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/powerwomenininsurance
Teresa’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teresa.comerkitchens
Sterling Insurance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sterlinginsurancegrouptx/