Lauren Nadata is the CEO of Build Insurance Group in New Jersey, Greater New York City Area. Build Insurance Group is an independent insurance agency committed to putting our clients first and selling value.
In this episode of the Power Women in Insurance Podcast, Teresa speaks with Lauren about her journey in the insurance industry that happened by chance after joining a risk management agency as a consultant. She describes the lessons she learned in the tech industry that she applies to her insurance agency today.
Listen in to learn the importance of educating your customers and guiding them in choosing the right carriers for their needs. You will also learn the importance of selling value to your customers and getting them out of the price conversation.
“A good teacher opens up the knowledge base and allow people to explore and ask questions.”– Lauren [9:24]
- How to address conversations with your customers with a growth mindset.
- Learning to master the strategy of selling value to your customers through educational conversations.
- How to do discoveries with personal lines and understanding customer’s risk aversion.
What you will learn:
- [1:40] She shares her insurance journey that started when she joined a consulting agency that was very smart.
- [4:00] She describes how she changed things up in her career after moving to Canada and eventually opening her own shop.
- [6:56] The lesson she learned working in tech about customer targeting in business.
- [8:10] She explains how she educates her customers instead of berating where they’re coming from.
- [10:36] How she has mastered the skill of selling value to her customers and getting them out of the price conversation.
- [15:29] The conversation she makes with her clients when educating them and making them feel they’re in control.
- [21:58] Why it is important to fix customers with the carrier that rightly fits their needs.
- [24:46] How your risk tolerance changes according to your buying and or business choices.
- [29:47] The importance of understanding the type of buyer you’re dealing with and what type of value they’re looking for.
Connect With Teresa!
Sterling Insurance Group’s Website: https://www.sterlinginsnow.com
Teresa’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teresa.comerkitchens
Sterling Insurance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sterlinginsurancegrouptx/