Are you ready for Episode 1 of the InsurTech Series? This series will showcase all innovations aimed at extracting cost savings and efficiency from the existing insurance structure.
In the first episode of the Agents Influence podcast InsurTech Series, host Jason Cass interviews Jeff Shi, Co-Founder of Quantum Assurance International and CEO of Quotehound. Jeff talks about what InsurTech is and what Web 1.0, Web 2.0, and Web 3.0 are and how they are connected to everything.
- Jeff starts the conversation with how COVID has changed our lives. (3:21)
- Jeff and Jason talk about Cryptocurrency and whether it will be a big thing in the years to come. (10:07)
- Jeff talks about how his company has been able to gain capital raise from 2019. (14:53)
- Jeff explains what Web 1.0, Web 2.0, and Web 3.0 are. (19:39)
- Jeff shares how important it is to have Cyber Insurance in a company. (25:25)
- Jeff explains what a seed round and Series A mean, in terms of investments. (30:56)
- Jeff expresses his appreciation to Jason Cass and recalls the first time he was on a podcast episode. (40:43)
- “We’re at the point where you can’t see that almost every single industry can be disrupted.” – Jeff Shi
- “Imagine being an actuary right now, being an actuary, right now, in a cyber insurance world is either the most stressful, I’m drinking five classes a week, a night, and I’m popping in other words in the morning.” – Jeff Shi
- Insurance is paying for the future. And right now, I haven’t seen a single cyber insurance company disclose that they’re buying Bitcoin in the treasury.” – Jeff Shi