In this episode of the Power Women in Insurance Podcast, Teresa speaks with Jamie Hoover, the director of business development at Blanchard Insurance in Florida. She talks about their prior preparedness in working from home before the COVID-19 pandemic.
She shares her insurance journey which started right after high school and how she’s taken up leadership roles to ensure success in the insurance agency she works with.
Listen in to learn where Jamie gets her mentors and what she is doing to mentor others who want to succeed in the insurance industry.
“Certain people can do it and don’t need to be managed at all, they can work from home and remotely and then some people need to be managed… and that is the same way in an office.”– Jamie Hoover
- How insurance agencies prepared to work remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The strategies that Jamie uses to ensure success in her insurance agency.
- The power of working together to accomplish different goals in any organization.
- The importance of finding mentors in the same and different industries as you.
- How the work-from-home situation is working for both employees and managers.
What you will learn:
- [1:56] Jamie shares why they were prepared to work from home in Florida.
- [4:14] She shares her insurance journey right after high school, starting from the mortgage side of things and later transitioning into insurance fully.
- [7:21] All the problems that Jamie saw in the processes of succession-run insurance agencies and how she wanted to help.
- [9:28] The biggest challenges she has seen while helping insurance agencies and the strategies she uses to get them to a better position.
- [12:05] The power of delegating when working together that makes the insurance agency successful.
- [14:09] Where does she find mentors?
- [16:48] Jamie shares where she gets tools needed to be a leader in the insurance industry.
- [19:35] The importance of bringing more women in a company and what they add up.
- [22:09] The different generational working patterns that affect how insurance agencies operate.
- [24:04] Do people get burned out when they continuously work without rest?
- [26:40] The tools she and her agency are using to ensure that employees know what their job entails during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Visit the Power Women In Insurance Instagram Page! HERE
Connect With Teresa!
Sterling Insurance Group’s Website: https://www.sterlinginsnow.com
Teresa’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teresa.comerkitchens
Sterling Insurance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sterlinginsurancegrouptx/
Facebook: Jamie Hoover