In this episode of Agency Freedom Podcast, James shares the second part of a special on-location recording with members of the Killing Commercial mastermind.
- Alan Kinney shares that before entering the insurance industry, he attended engineering school and worked for IBM for seven years doing process management work. (4:53)
- Alan Kinney mentions that he has a strong process background, and Drew has a strong data background, both of which have helped them operate their agency. (5:57)
- Drew Kinney mentions that before entering the insurance industry, he worked for one of the top consulting firms. (6:58)
- Alan Kinney believes that there is some value in engaging in Big I or PIA. It is important to network with them and work with them since there are some things they are doing that have a direct influence on the bottom line that others are unaware of. (10:39)
- Jason Cass believes that no one can do what the Big I does in the legislative effort because they have relationships that no one else can make because they’ve been making them for decades. (14:07)
- James Jenkins and Alan Kinney discuss what it’s like to be a member of the Big I or the PIA. (15:26)
- Alan and Drew Kinney discuss what it was like to be generational agents and work for an agency run by a family. (20:34)
- Jason Cass explains that when someone has an abundance mentality, the first thing they want to do is attempt to take the abilities they have and help someone else gain those skills. (33:46)
- Jason Cass shares that he has decided to shut down the whole agency for next year’s Brainshare and bring his entire staff together. (42:30)
- According to Jason Cass, most agency owners were good salesmen. However, the majority of good agency owners were not salespeople. (47:52)
- Jason Cass discusses how the Agency Freedom podcast provides the most value to the listening community and what should happen next from his perspective. (49:39)
- Jason Cass discusses the reasons for his desire to work with multiple podcasters. (52:10)
- “No one can match what the Big I does on the legislative effort because they have relationships and no one can recreate those relationships because they’ve been creating them for 40,50, and 60 years and that’s where the Big I is a huge player in our life.” – Jason Cass
- “We’ve now built some depth into our agency. So, we can now bring some people in a very entry level position where they’re learning the ropes and the ins and outs. And they have a career path to a more senior position where they’re conducting these more complex count reviews.” – Drew Kinney
- “Most agency owners were good salespeople. But most agency owners that are good agency owners were not salespeople.” – Jason Cass
Learn more about Killing Commercial at https://www.killingcommercial.com.
Catch up on all of Season 2 of The Protege show here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL49Ufrhm-mQlXheQPUvlp7mDiZzc2jn7j
Visit our website to join our email list, get the scoop on our LIVE coaching calls and never miss an episode: https://www.agencyfreedom.com
Connect with Agency Freedom Podcast on Facebook at the Agency Freedom Podcast group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/agencyfreedom
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with ideas, questions, complaints or your favorite grilling recipe.