Mary Lyons is a financial advisor and the founder of the Wealth Woman. She helps create more spendable income in retirement using traditional financial vehicles in innovative ways.
In this episode of the Power Women in Insurance Podcast, Teresa speaks with Mary about her journey in the insurance industry which she describes as very challenging when she first started. She admits having landed in the industry accidentally and having learned on the job most of the things she knows today.
Listen in to learn the art of networking that will help you further your career in insurance. You will also learn the importance of having a great purpose like helping people with your professional skills without expecting payment in return.
“For clients who you really help over time and you build a personal connection with, I think that’s when introductions and referrals come.”– Mary [35:39]
- The power of networking in growing your insurance career.
- Learning to go the extra mile and serving people like your clients for long term benefits.
- The difference that working with people you like and trust makes in your career.
What you will learn:
- [1:26] Mary narrates how she landed in insurance by accident from a mortgage officer and financial advisor.
- [7:30] The major challenges and hardships that Mary encountered when she was starting and how networking contributed to her now success.
- [22:43] She shares some tips on how she learned to be a better networker.
- [31:45] How she teaches her clients as part of adding value by answering rightly which in turn helped grow her career.
- [34:43] How to give back to help people and clients without expecting anything in return.
- [41:18] Mary describes how she learned to accept and work with people that she really likes and trusts.
Connect With Teresa!
Sterling Insurance Group’s Website: https://www.sterlinginsnow.com
Teresa’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teresa.comerkitchens
Sterling Insurance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sterlinginsurancegrouptx/