In this episode of the Power Women in Insurance Podcast, Teresa speaks with Megan Coe, the account manager with North Town Insurance in Spokane, Washington. She shares her insurance journey which she started as a way to pay bills in high school and because it was already in the family but later became a career.
Listen in to hear how she worked herself up from a project specialist to an account manager. You will also learn how her agency works as a team in making major decisions and helping the community.
“You have to be willing to grow, you have to be willing to challenge yourself, you have to be willing to do the uncomfortable things that you don’t want to do because, without those steps, there won’t be a lot of movement in the industry.” [23:18]
- How to be professional while still connecting with your clients in insurance.
- Creating strategies that allow clients to have a relationship with their insurance agents.
- The ways your agency can help the community during COVID-19.
What you will learn:
- [1:30] She shares her insurance journey that she started as a part-time high schooler and has now been doing it for 8 years.
- [2:52] She describes her journey from just a project specialist to an account manager.
- [4:53] She explains why she loves to advocate for clients and guiding them.
- [6:08] She explains some of the challenges she faced starting younger in the insurance industry while working with her family.
- [9:44] How she got rid of the personal aspect with her clients but still maintained a good relationship with them.
- [13:50] The changes they’re making in their agency to improve and make things mostly smooth for their clients.
- [18:58] How they work together as a team to get better with their operations while engaging clients and the community.
- [22:20] Why you have to give your when pursuing a career in the insurance agency.
Connect With Teresa!
Sterling Insurance Group’s Website: https://www.sterlinginsnow.com
Teresa’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teresa.comerkitchens
Sterling Insurance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sterlinginsurancegrouptx/