In this episode of the Power Women in Insurance Podcast, Teresa talks with Niki Henley as she shares her insurance journey. She is the owner of Extra Mile Insurance Solutions in Owasso, Oklahoma which she started over 15 months ago.
She shares the biggest challenges in her first year of business as an insurance business owner and the tools she’s been using to ensure its success.
Listen in to learn the importance of finding individuality when running your business rather than copying.
“Do not chase at what other people are doing- look at what they’re doing and see if it fits with you. But then that doesn’t mean that you can’t be successful doing it your own way.”-Nikki Henley
- Learning from mistakes as an inexperienced business owner.
- The importance of maintaining individuality as a business owner as you find what works for you.
What you will learn:
- [1:10] She shares her insurance journey- from a stay at home mom to an insurance agency owner.
- [3:02] Where did she get the courage to start her insurance agency.
- [6:32] What are her biggest challenges and lessons on her 1st year of business.
- [9:00] The tools she has been using to get through the hurdles of running her business.
- [12:40] The importance of learning how to run your business individually and not copying what other people are doing.
- [15:57] How she learned to be unique in her insurance agency and still keeping her goals.
- [16:59] What advice does she have for other women who are behind her on their insurance journey.
- [20:10] She talks about her vision moving forward in the next several months.
Visit the Power Women In Insurance Instagram Page! HERE
Connect With Teresa!
Sterling Insurance Group’s Website: https://www.sterlinginsnow.com
Teresa’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teresa.comerkitchens
Sterling Insurance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sterlinginsurancegrouptx/
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
- The pumpkin plan by Mike Michalowicz