03/24/2020- In this episode of the Power Women in Insurance Podcast, Teresa talks to Dawnyel Smink of the Canyon Lands Insurance. She shares her journey from a 6th-grade teacher to an insurance agency owner.
She shares how an inconsiderate comment from her former manager about having a child made her decide to go independent. This has also prompted her to help other women balance both a family and a successful career.
Listen in to learn how Dawnyel has committed to helping women regain their confidence through her WISE program.
- The confidence to be both a family and a career woman.
- Overcoming the fear of trying new things.
- Tips for women who want success.
- [2:31] What is Dawnyel’s insurance journey?
- [5:20] She shares her turning point when she decided to go independent.
- [8:52] How has her educational background helped her manage teams?
- [11:00] When she lost the fear of trying out new things and found a way to lead her team in the right direction.
- [13:19] How she learned to rise above the setbacks.
- [16:14] Why women need to embrace confidence; plus, the power of women helping women.
- [22:59] What advice does Dawnyel have for women seeking success?
Visit the Power Women In Insurance Instagram Page! HERE
Connect With Teresa!
Sterling Insurance Group’s Website: https://www.sterlinginsnow.com
Teresa’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teresa.comerkitchens
Sterling Insurance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sterlinginsurancegrouptx/
Dawnyel’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/dawnyelsmink
Canyon Lands Insurance Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/CanyonLandsInsurance
WIISE Facebook Page: Women In Insurance Sharing Empowerment