Rhonda Cox is the vice president of operations with CoVerica insurance in Dallas. She seeks and connects industry partners and associates.
In this episode of the Power Women in Insurance Podcast, Teresa speaks with Rhonda as she shares her insurance journey that began at a young age in the claims side and has evolved to client service. She explains how at CoVerica they have adopted tools that develop their culture and make working as a team effective.
Listen in to learn why a career in insurance is proving to be more interesting and lucrative in recent times than it was before. You will also learn the importance of embracing teamwork in an agency to ensure operations effectiveness.
“Sales minded individuals and services minded individuals really don’t think a lot alike but yet they work together so closely every day.”– Rhonda [9:50]
• Understanding culture index and entrepreneurial operating system in developing culture and enhancing communication.
• The importance of having a strong mission and core values to guide you in leading and managing a team.
• How to continue your insurance education with organizations for professional development.
• Embracing the responsibility of training people who want to join the insurance industry.
What you will learn:
• [1:43] She shares her journey in the insurance industry that started on the claim side before transitioning to client service.
• [6:34] Why she finds satisfaction and passion for helping and serving others in the industry.
• [8:13] The tools that they have adopted at CoVerica to ensure they hire the right talent and enhance communication within the organization.
• [13:49] How they use their mission statement and core values to treat team members and making a difference at CoVerica.
• [6:49] Rhonda explains being a board member and director at the Independent Insurance of Dallas and the opportunity it presents.
• [21:46] Why many people now are deliberately joining the insurance industry as compared to before when insurance professional ‘accidentally’ fell into it.
• [27:42] The numerous facets and the nobility of the insurance industry that makes it interesting
Connect With Teresa!
Sterling Insurance Group’s Website: https://www.sterlinginsnow.com
Teresa’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teresa.comerkitchens
Sterling Insurance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sterlinginsurancegrouptx/