In this episode of The Ryan Hanley Show, Kevin Abramson, President at Cover Whale joins the show to discuss why the insurance industry is ripe for innovation and how Cover Whale plans to attack these opportunities.
Cover Whale is currently providing insurance truckers by breaching the gap between insurance and technology.
This is a tremendous conversation, don’t miss it…
- Kevin discusses his firm, Cover Whale, and the work they accomplish. (4:28)
- Kevin provides his thoughts on what it takes to be a great leader and how to take charge of your own destiny. (10:45)
- Kevin shares some challenges that he encountered that he did not expect. (16:04)
- Kevin agrees that having that human aspect in a tech business is not very easy. (20:19)
- Kevin explains what he means by digesting data faster. (24:10)
- Kevin elaborates on how he manages to catch and spot bad behaviors in an app. (27:22)
- Kevin states that failure is part of being a start-up company. (32:35)
- Kevin shares his vision and plans for the future for his company. (38:01)
- Kevin talks about giving value to the insurance industry and making a difference. (48:14)
- Kevin shares the importance of having accurate and reliable metrics in a business. (53:38)
- “I would say, you know, we’ve got a lot of tech people at our company, but at my core, I’m an insurance person that really loves tech. And it’s not the other way around.” – Kevin Abramson
- “It’s been an industry where data has been prevalent, heavy, you know, lots of data, massive amounts of data. I think the difference-maker is being able to digest that data, but also to digest it faster, in real-time.” – Kevin Abramson
- “I think, if we look at where we’ll be two years from now, one of the core tenants in our business and our mission of the company is, we will continue to take risks.” – Kevin Abramson