In this episode of The Ryan Hanley Show, Nick Ayers, Chief Marketing Officer at Better Agency, joins the podcast to talk about insurance marketing, building technology, and putting on rockstar conferences. There’s always a tremendous conversation when Nick’s on the show.
Don’t miss this episode.
- Nick shares some ideas to take into consideration before starting a company. (7:06)
- Nick mentions that the cornerstone of marketing is being able to understand how people feel and being able to articulate the voices already in their heads. (12:36)
- Nick explains that a lot of companies will soon realize that they need to hire real marketing motions in their company. (19:38)
- Nick shares that their strategy has been to always commit to being genuine to their brand. (25:12)
- Nick talks about how the industry has changed and in some ways relaxed in the last few years. (31:05)
- Nick shares their journey to making their first acquisition and the questions they were asked by most people. (42:10)
- Nick explains that he believes that independent agents are the best channel for insurance distribution. (45:10)
- Nick and Ryan discuss the best insurance events. (48:37)
- Nick explains that they learned lessons from these past conferences which they will apply in their future conferences. (54:06)
- “We’re going to continue to be who we are, and that’s a major part of our overall brand, and that we’re going to try to be relentless truth-tellers.” – Nick Ayers
- “We believe that independent agents are the best channel for insurance distribution. There isn’t anything stronger or better than when companies work directly with independent agents.” – Nick Ayers
- “If we want to compete with everybody else in the AMS or the CRM, we’re going to constantly be playing that comparison game. We want to do something that nobody’s done before.” – Nick Ayers