Shawn’s unique blend of progressive technology and prospecting techniques, combined with a respect for traditional methods, will give you the edge you need in today’s competitive market.
Together, we’ll explore the importance of finding freedom within ourselves, overcoming limitations, and navigating the challenges of the current economic crisis.
Dive into the world of carrier sales centers as we discuss how they can help you maximize efficiency and grow your business.
Learn the ins and outs of working with carrier representatives and customer service centers and the advantages of carving out a niche for yourself in the insurance industry. We’ll also reveal the power of AI tools like ByWordAI, Chat GPT, and Grammarly in revolutionizing your blog writing process, saving you precious time and resources.
Finally, we get personal with Shawn as we discuss the mental and emotional journey of being a scratch agent. Shawn shares the incredible benefits of starting a podcast to build relationships, learn from guests, and find a sense of community, from the loneliness to the self-discipline required.
Don’t miss out on this insightful conversation that will inspire you and provide tangible strategies to elevate your insurance business to new heights.
- Shawn discusses his approach to purchasing leads for his insurance agency and the benefits of doing so. (7:04)
- Shawn shares the benefits of using a service center versus a sales center for insurance agencies, and how it can help maximize time and resources. (19:12)
- Shawn mentions that AI has significantly improved efficiency in blogging, reducing time spent on writing from three hours to 30 minutes. (29:23)
- Ryan shares his process for creating two blog posts daily in 30 minutes or less using a tool called Byword and a paid subscription to ChatGPT. (31:05)
- Shawn mentions that he uses GPT to send emails more efficiently, providing a state of the market for commercial clients and personalizing them with Grammarly, creating a Facebook ad, and responding to forms. (37:04)
- Ryan discusses the benefits of choosing a niche in the insurance industry and how it can lead to success. (42:06)
- Shawn believes that mistakes in the industry can lead to avoiding passions, but finding a niche or field you love will keep your fire burning. (46:14)
- Shawn explains that they started the Scratch Agency podcast because they wanted to share valuable information and learn from guests and the insurance industry community. (50:38)
- “If you’re not in a niche or a specific field that you love. It’s easy to just skip out on that day. You know, if you love it, like I said before, it’s going to keep that fire burning.” – Shawn Fitzgerald
- “As a scratch agent one of the first things I did was I kind of had to build my niche based around the carrier access I had. So sometimes you don’t always have the option. But once you get to a certain point, you can pick and do what you’d like.” – Shawn Fitzgerald
- “The relationships I’ve built from the podcasts that Steven and I have built from the podcasts, I feel like are invaluable. So I know, we both know how hard those times are. And it’s the three of us who know how hard those times are being a scratch agent. So I feel like if that can help, literally one or two people that also makes me happy.” – Shawn Fitzgerald