03/26/2020- In this episode of Power Women in Insurance Podcast, Teresa talks with Sandra Gebhardt, as she shares her interesting insurance journey. She accidentally came into the insurance industry as an employee, then an agency owner, and later leaned on the digital marketing side for agencies.
Sandra shares how a health crisis in her family led to the sale of her agency and thereon dedicated her digital marketing knowledge to help other agencies to deal with such situations.
Listen in to hear how having the right mentors has helped Sandra learn and establish a stable career. You will also learn how she juggles being a full-time mother and a working woman.
“You cannot work 8-5 at home it’s not fair to your family, find time plugs that work for you”- Sandra Gebhardt
- How technology is making work easier for insurance agencies.
- Learning to find a professional identity after a major breakdown.
- How the COVID-19 induced lockdowns are changing how people work and run the office.
- The purpose of having the right mentors that lead you in the right direction.
What you will learn:
- [1:57] Sandra shares her insurance journey.
- [6:13] How Sandra used digital marketing tools to get into insurance.
- [7:30] She narrates the struggles of a new agency and the health crisis that led to the sale of her agency.
- [10:51] Having the motivation to help insurance agencies handle a crisis.
- [13:43] How technology is simplifying running meetings and business from anywhere during the Coronavirus lockdown.
- [17:35] The purpose of bringing value to a client.
- [21:10] How Sandra found her professional identity after becoming a mother.
- [27:03] What are the long-term effects of lockdowns?
- [28:36] The power of having the right mentors and a supportive digital community.
- [31:36] Sandra mentions some of the projects she’s working on and learning to manage time right now.
Podcast: Binding Authority
Visit the Power Women In Insurance Instagram Page! HERE
Connect With Teresa!
Sterling Insurance Group’s Website: https://www.sterlinginsnow.com
Teresa’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teresa.comerkitchens
Sterling Insurance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sterlinginsurancegrouptx/
Visit her web page for all things Sandra!! https://sandragebhardt.com