Meet Colleen Blum, the vice president at Combs and Company in New York and the host of Try and Stop Me Podcast. She runs all the sales for employee benefits and provides business owners with solutions on how they can implement benefits such as Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance within their budget.
In this episode of The Power Women in Insurance, Teresa speaks with Colleen as she shares her insurance journey from hair styling to falling in love with being a health insurance broker. She talks about the mindset shift she made last year which led to her starting the Try and Stop Me Podcast.
Listen in to learn the importance of having relatable conversations with your clients to earn their trust and create connections with them faster and effectively.
“What you say out loud is the way your life is going to be…the more you speak it into existence, the more it actually happens.”– Colleen [33:22]
- Learning how to be personable when relating with clients to gain their trust.
- The importance of letting go of a negative mindset and adopting a positive one where you speak existence into your life.
- Taking the responsibility of actively make the change to be different for yourself.
- [1:54] Colleen shares her insurance journey from a hairstylist to when she fell in love with being a health insurance broker and later joining Combs and Company.
- [17:00] Colleen explains how she has mastered the art of gaining clients’ trust by being relatable and human and not just their insurance broker.
- [23:27] The importance of having relatable conversations with clients especially during the isolated virtual world we’re currently living in.
- [29:44] How listening to podcasts changed Colleen’s mentality- from talking down on herself to speaking existence into her life, plus starting her own podcast.
- [38:25] How to make the decisions to change your life by feeding yourself positivity especially during a pandemic.
Connect With Teresa!
Sterling Insurance Group’s Website: https://www.sterlinginsnow.com
Teresa’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teresa.comerkitchens
Sterling Insurance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sterlinginsurancegrouptx/