In this episode of the Millionaire Insurance Producer podcast, host Charles Specht discusses how competing insurance agents only win new business an average of 8% of the time in a normal quoting process. Incumbent agents win 92%. So, who has it better? That’s really the issue. Incumbent agents retain their clients because they have access and currently control the insured’s permission. Therefore, let’s focus on winning permission rather than blind quoting.
- Charles shares what is the problem with the normal quoting process in the insurance industry. (3:16)
- Charles shares why he likes the books of Seth Godin. (5:44)
- Charles explains his definition of permission. (8:48)
- Charles tells listeners why it’s so important to get permission. (9:46)
- What kind of quoting is Charles trying to get rid of? (14:31)
- What’s one of the most difficult things for insurance agents to start figuring out? (18:30)
- Charles shares one of the most important strategies to use. (21:10)
- Charles gives an overview of different areas of permission. (27:48)
- Charles shares the final tip which is to start going after broker of record letters. (28:39)
- Charles mentions a dirty little secret about the insurance industry. (30:07)
- “We need to make sure that we have the access to go forward before we actually do go forward.” – Charles Specht
- “You’ve got to get that permission. Because if you don’t have it, you ain’t winning. I’m sorry to tell you, you are not going to win if you do not have insurance permission. There’s a lot of insurance buyers out there who are using you for information.” – Charles Specht
- “Having that mindset that you do not offer quotes going forward…Probably one of the more difficult things to do. But let me just tell you, you do that and the insured will never forget you.” – Charles Specht
- Reach out to Charles Specht
- Permission Network Insurance Agency, Inc.