In this episode of the Millionaire Insurance Producer podcast, host Charles Specht discusses how the Jack-of-all-Trades is dead. The “generalist” producer is a thing of the past. Insurance agents who become experts in a specific area (Micro-Niche) get more clients more quickly and win significantly more signed Broker of Record Letters.
- Charles shares a story about a man named Jack. (2:07)
- Charles explains what a micro-niche is. (2:55)
- Charles mentions the problem with being a generalist. (4:07)
- What would Charles recommend to insurance producers? (5:04)
- Charles shares the story of when he first understood the power of micro-niches. (5:16)
- Why are the riches in the micro-niches? (11:21)
- What’s something Charles often hears from the employee health benefits producers? (13:21)
- Is micro-niching about more than just types of accounts? (14:04)
- Charles mentions some of the factors that you need to consider when you first start exploring micro-niches. (24:54)
- “The insurance producer, who is micro-niche, is the one who wins the day. Period. And, so the riches are in the micro-niches.” – Charles Specht
- “Being micro-niched allows you to write significantly larger accounts. If you are a generalist, that’s not necessarily true. You’re not going to be able to write larger accounts all the time. But, being micro niched separates you from the competition.” – Charles Specht
- “The focus is that the riches are in the micro-niches. If you get that… you are going to have a book of business that will explode. – Charles Specht
- Reach out to Charles Specht
- Permission Network Insurance Agency, Inc.