Excuses never made anyone any money. People who go bankrupt always have an excuse as to why. Salespeople who don’t win an account always have an excuse for their failure. That goes for insurance producers as well. There are reasons and excuses for all failures. But insurance agents who hold onto excuses are the ones who live paycheck to paycheck.
In this throwback episode of the Millionaire Insurance Producer podcast, host Charles Specht will teach you how to eliminate excuses, how to execute a plan, and how to set S.M.A.R.T. goals that achieve success.
- Charles talks about excuses being the reason for us not achieving our goals in life. (1:14)
- Charles provides some examples of the excuses that we commonly have in the industry. (3:45)
- Charles tells us what excuses are going to do to our life. (7:52)
- Charles says that a lack of execution on actual prospecting will cause failure. (11:25)
- Charles shares that we have to have 12x goals, not only get out of the box but destroy the box. (16:47)
- Charles gives us the S.M.A.R.T. goal strategy that we can apply to our daily actions. (19:21)
- Charles shares that lack of execution results in excuses. (22:38)
- Charles tells us to be S.M.A.R.T. (Sizable, Measurable, Actionable Reachable, Time-sensitive) about our goals. (24:36)
- Charles says if we continue to hold on to excuses and reasoning and grudges we will ruin relationships. (26:37)
- “A lack of prospects in the pipeline, a lack of execution on the actual prospecting activity will cause you to starve. Period.” – Charles Specht
- “The problem, however, is that we have a vast amount of times throughout the year where we do not take action. There’s no execution. – Charles Specht
- “If you begin to execute, rather than have excuses, you’re probably going to be much more likely to succeed, not merely in the long term, but also right now in the short term.” – Charles Specht