If you’re like most insurance agents out there, you’re not getting the new business commission results you know you’re capable of. You’re either not prospecting enough, prospecting inefficiently, not setting enough appointments, not sure how to transition to asking for the signed Broker of Record Letter, or how to close the business if you go through a quoting process. Usually, this boils down to doing things over and over and over again that do not work or do not get a high enough ROI.
In this throwback episode of the Millionaire Insurance Producer podcast, host Charles Specht will talk about how you should Pivot, what to Pivot to/from, and how to determine if the Pivot you make will be profitable or not for you or your agency.
- Charles explains that a common issue that people have is that they can’t stop doing one thing and start doing something else. (4:53)
- Charles shares that pivoting starts at the very beginning of the building process. (7:02)
- Charles talks about his experience working with a very large agency over the last three years. (10:23)
- Charles advises listeners to start utilizing some of the technologies that are out there, such as InsurTech. (14:50)
- Charles explains that you need to have more prospects in your database than you think is necessary. (19:17)
- Charles explains that the pivot and the database are important as you cannot call the same account every couple of weeks. (23:38)
- Charles shares that it does not make sense for you to keep doing something that doesn’t get you results. (25:36)
- Charles shares some of the things that would cost you zero dollars but still help you in your success. (28:20)
- Charles explains that you need to step back and begin to list the things you need to pivot and go through them one at a time. (29:14)
- “You need to take a step back, begin to look around at the things that you need to pivot, and make that change today.” – Charles Specht
- “Tech really doesn’t help you to sell; that’s completely different. You need to be able to persuade, you need to be able to ask for the business, you need to be able to prospect, you need to be able to do all of that.” – Charles Specht
- “If you’re actually you’re able to do certain things in certain ways, and you can help yourself by including technology into your entire process, then I would say it would probably make financial sense for you to actually do that.” – Charles Specht