In this throwback episode of the Millionaire Insurance Producer podcast, host Charles Specht explains how cold calling still works and it works very well for those who use the right script. Charles Specht will teach you what your script could be and how to effectively cold call in order to set more appointments with your prospects.
- Charles shares a poignant story from when he first got into the insurance business. (2:36)
- Charles mentions why being a debt collector on the telephone was one of the more difficult things he’s done in the business world. (3:48)
- Charles explains what a “C3” is. (8:39)
- Charles shares why leaving voice messages is necessary. (9:13)
- What’s one of the main reasons why insurance agents don’t get a lot of value out of the time they spend cold calling? (11:05)
- Charles explains how to create an impressive script when cold calling prospects. (14:25)
- What are the two things your script must contain to be successful? (19:10)
- Charles shares a strategy that can help you understand what the best case scenario is going to be. (22:09)
- “If you do not have cold calling right now in your prospecting strategy, you are losing out. I want you to think about it this way…Prospecting works really well when you are communicating to somebody in the time and the platform that they feel comfortable with.” – Charles Specht
- “Do not waste your time, do not waste their time talking about just general type stuff. Get into it. You should be able to give your absolute pitch that at the end, you ask a question where you’re expecting a yes or a no to it.” – Charles Specht
- “If they don’t meet with you for one reason, they’re probably going to meet with you for another reason. And, once you’re there at the appointment, then it’s all about relationship. But prior to that, it’s a numbers game. Cold calling is a numbers game.” – Charles Specht
- Reach out to Charles Specht
- Permission Network Insurance Agency, Inc.