Meet Jennifer Klages, a woman who has been in the insurance industry for 28 years and owns an independent agency in Chandler, Arizona. She started in the industry at 18 years right out of high school with an answering phone job and never left.
In this throwback episode of Power Women in Insurance Podcast, Jennifer describes her journey from answering phone calls to an agency owner. She shares how she juggled being a present mother and running a successful insurance agency.
Listen in to learn the methods that Jennifer uses to build lasting relationships with her clients and people in the insurance industry. You will also learn how you can start connecting with close communities on Facebook as a part of growing your business.
“If you’re being very intentional about the clients you want to write, they will then become your little team of referrals.”– Jennifer Klages
- Finding a family with the IOA relationships.
- How to cultivate authentic relationships with the right clients for massive business growth.
- Building a community within your home area as a way of growing the insurance agency.
- The power of having Facebook groups communities and their effectiveness.
- Finding happiness in balancing being a mother and a career woman at the same time.
- [0:57] Jennifer talks about her insurance agency and how she started in the insurance industry.
- [2:53] Going independent in 2012 and finding friends in the IOA relationships she has formed.
- [6:20] The willingness of members to help within the IOA community that makes it easy to become a family of sorts.
- [7:31] Jennifer shares how connecting with the perfect clients she wants to work with is her superpower.
- [8:23] The power that lies in the cultivation of authentic relationships and friendships with the right clients- and how it helps with business growth through referrals.
- [10:24] How Jennifer has been able to move towards personal and business growth by relating to the right people.
- [12:19] She talks about her home town and what it means to be in a community.
- [13:39] What does it mean to be in a Facebook community for an insurance agency owner?
- [16:29] Do Facebook groups provide the right target market?
- [18:18] What community Facebook groups would Jennifer recommend for other people in insurance to connect with?
- [21:33] Why being a career woman did not stop Jennifer from being a good mother to her daughters.
- [27:03] Enjoying every moment of being both an entrepreneur and a mother.
- [31:37] She shares how she found support in both women groups and the IOA.
- [33:32] The power of having the right people by your side.
- [34:45] What was Jennifer’s Shakubuku moment?
Visit the Power Women In Insurance Instagram Page! HERE
Connect With Teresa!
Sterling Insurance Group’s Website: https://www.sterlinginsnow.com
Teresa’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teresa.comerkitchens
Sterling Insurance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sterlinginsurancegrouptx/
Jennifer’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/jennifertoddklages
My Choice Insurance Facebook Page: