Meet Teresa Kitchens, an insurance agency owner- The Sterling Insurance Group in Plano Texas. She has been running her business for the last 18 years.
In this throwback episode of the Power Women in Insurance, Teresa shares her journey as a business owner, wife, and parent and the challenges she has had to face. She describes why she started this podcast as a way to encourage women to step up and be part of the insurance industry.
Listen in to discover Teresa’s plans to make an impact in the community as she grows her business and herself.
- Encouraging women in the insurance industry to step up and be better as their male counterparts.
- What to expect in the Power Women in Insurance Podcast moving forward.
- Learning the meaning of the word Shakubuku and its role in this podcast.
- [0:25] Teresa explains her reasons for starting this podcast as a way to encourage more women to be part of the insurance industry.
- [3:32] Who is Teresa Kitchens, how did she find herself in the insurance industry, and what has she learned along the way.
- [6:30] Questions she’ll be asking women in this podcast.
- [6:39] What does Shakubuku mean, where it comes from and why it is Teresa’s favorite word.
- [9:15] Teresa shares how family chaos led to finding her Shakubuku moment.
- [15:18] How she is using the same words with her team as she did with her children to make them successful.
- [17:32] The reasons why she is mentoring upcoming women in her industry.
- [18:26] What is the beauty of the independent insurance industry?
Book: Start by Jon Acuff: The Path from Average to Awesome
Visit the Power Women In Insurance Instagram Page! HERE
Connect With Teresa!
Sterling Insurance Group’s Website: https://www.sterlinginsnow.com
Teresa’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teresa.comerkitchens
Sterling Insurance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sterlinginsurancegrouptx/