03/26/2020-In this episode of Power Women in Insurance Podcast, Teresa speaks with Vonda Copeland, the co-owner and vice president of Copeland Insurance Agency in Kansas. She joined the insurance industry 20 years ago after being a teacher for 16 years.
Unprecedented family tragedies led Vonda to start exploring the insurance industry which her husband was already a part of. She shares how pain and loss challenged her to become a strong woman can withstand waves during a crisis.
Listen to hear how Vonda’s insurance agency is helping the clients, community and each other within the team to cope with the COVID-19 crisis.
“If you stop and remind yourself to look for the places you can feel gratitude, that is huge.”-Vonda Copeland
- How she learned to deal with the pain of change and the loss of her mother.
- Learning to become a strong resilient person when hit by tragedy.
- How the Coronavirus pandemic is going to change the insurance industry.
- The power of having an effective team that supports you at all times
What you will learn:
- [2:08] Vonda narrates how she entered the insurance industry after years of being an educator.
- [7:17] How she learned to become a strong person amid pain, hurt, and tragedy.
- [11:14] Retraining staff and exercising empathy during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- [13:23] Vonda talks about the power of resiliency she has exercised in her life.
- [17:04] The advantages of the insurance industry during this crisis and the future of recruiting.
- [17:48] The purpose of taking care of clients, community and each other while still having fun as an agency.
- [20:24] She shares her predictions on the expected changes in the insurance industry after the pandemic.
- [22:07] How she learned to accept change and advocate for it.
- [25:15] Why you need to have a strong and effective team that supports you in every bump.
- [29:21] Vonda talks about her love for books.
- [31:29] What advice does Vonda has for any woman who wishes to be part of the insurance industry?
Visit the Power Women In Insurance Instagram Page! HERE
Connect With Teresa!
Sterling Insurance Group’s Website: https://www.sterlinginsnow.com
Teresa’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/teresa.comerkitchens
Sterling Insurance Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sterlinginsurancegrouptx/