In this episode of The Power Producers Podcast, David Carothers invites listeners to ponder a profound question: “What is your identity?”. David discusses the importance of defining one’s identity beyond work and shares personal insights on balancing professional success with family and personal well-being.
- David discusses the importance of leaving a mark on the world and the value of true friendship based on trust and reliability. (2:12)
- David shares the importance of balancing work and personal life, prioritizing family and relationships, and the realization that success in work does not equate to success in life. (4:16)
- David mentions that launching Florida Risk Partners was a defining moment supported by his wife, and he prioritizes spending quality time with his family while giving 100% effort at work. (6:49)
- David encourages listeners to reflect on their own identities and take steps toward becoming the person they want to be known as. (8:40)
- “I think we throw the word friend around a little too loosely these days. I know that we can be friendly with a lot of people. But to me, a friend is something much deeper.” – David Carothers
- “I want my identity to be daddy, honey, or a man who put his family first. And everything else came next doesn’t necessarily have to be second or last or whatever.” – David Carothers