Wouldn’t it be great if we could get you a steady flow of business owners to reach out to you to schedule appointments, rather than you contacting business owners who don’t know you, like you, or trust you yet? Of course, it would be! It would make everything easier: setting appointments, building rapport, getting more signed BORs, winning business, etc.
In this episode of the Millionaire Insurance Producer podcast, host Charles Specht will not only tell you why you should contact associations about becoming their endorsed insurance provider, but he tells you exactly how to do it in such a way that the association leadership will even give you a copy of their active membership list.
- Charles discusses the significance of prospecting and appointment setting for insurance agents. (2:07)
- Charles explains how associations add value to their members and how insurance agents become endorsed agents for these organizations. (4:50)
- Charles mentions the advantages of association endorsements, such as increased business and easier prospecting. (7:17)
- Charles discusses the importance of micro-niching in the insurance industry and how it can make prospecting more efficient and effective. (12:10)
- Charles shares some methods for approaching associations for endorsement, such as targeting smaller regional associations and conducting a Google search for potential associations. (16:29)
- Charles explains the benefits of becoming an endorsed agent, which include access to membership lists and the ability to relieve executive directors’ frustration. (19:47)
- Charles discusses how becoming an endorsed agent can lead to non-member prospecting and sales opportunities. (22:18)
- Charles mentions that it is important to focus on certain industries to learn about their risks and get in touch with carriers and associations. (26:00)
- “By endorsing you as their agent to their members, it gives the members value that they might be able to lower their costs. Because you’re doing business with someone through the association, the association endorses you, introduces you, refers you to them.” – Charles Specht
- “I truly believe that if you pursue an association endorsement, it’s going to put a lot of gold in your pocket. Everything becomes easier, prospecting becomes easier, and setting appointments becomes easier. Working with a few insurance carriers that you want becomes easier, you can write a lot of business doing it this way.” – Charles Specht