In this episode of The MVP Podcast, Mitch Gibson sits down with the “Flood Guru” himself, Chris Greene, to discuss why creating a consistent content strategy is so important for his business model. Recently, Chris launched a Flood Insurance Learning Center/Educational Video Library with thousands of different topics to choose from. We discuss the ROI of having a learning center like the one he started. You can check out his learning center by visiting the link below.
- Chris discusses the reasons why he started to get involved in digital marketing. (2:33)
- Chris shares some advice for young agents that are wanting to get into video creation. (8:24)
- Chris explains that the most important thing to consider in video creation is the consistency of your work. (10:15)
- Chris discusses the method called “Blog Blocking” and how it works to help you with your video creation schedule. (12:40)
- Chris shares that he always sleeps with his iPhone next to him so that when an idea comes to him at night, he will be able to save it. (16:46)
- Chris elaborates on how important title tags and descriptions are to your videos. (25:34)
- Chris discusses some pointers to think about, like being able to be so good that people can’t ignore you. (30:42)
- Chris shares that some of his favorite podcasts are the ones from Jason Cass. (32:24)
- Chris explains that getting a cheap quote is never going to change the risk. (38:08)
- Chris talks about his favorite color, ice cream flavor, favorite place to visit, and the one person he would want to spend 24 hours with. (39:00)
- Chris gives out three useful tips in video editing and video creating for people that are just starting in the industry.
- “I said, people come to us for one reason, it’s education. And they also come to us for three reasons. Either we can help them understand their flood insurance, we can help understand their flood risks, or we can actually help them lower that risk.” – Chris Greene
- “At the end of the day, I don’t care how great you are, how average you think you are, consistency is what’s gonna win.” – Chris Greene
- “Getting a cheap quote is never going to change the risk. And it’s our job to help you understand the risk, change the risk and create long-term rates to build on your insurance because we did the first two things.” – Chris Greene