In this episode of the Digital Insurance Pint Podcast, Ben Isotta-Riches – EVP & MD of strategic partnership at Aviva Canada, continues our Brit Invasion theme, raises money through Movember; likes Alanis Morisette, and speaks the queen’s English. Instrumental in setting up the Aviva Digital Garage helping brokers digitize, engineering, API’s and holding events like hackathons spawning such ideas as Catalyst, the ability to quote, bind, and issue a commercial policy in 12 questions (later becoming Aviva Ally). The Garage also brought leading digital brokers together from across the country in various forums to share and challenge the status quo.
Episode 7 opens the “garage door” and the crew (Jeff Roy, Steve Earle, Adam Mitchell, Tom Reid) discuss:
- Top leadership change at Aviva and if the new Global CEO will change things for brokers
- Learning from the digital garage and will it re-open?
- Acceleration of digitization due to Covid
- How connectivity, standards, and DX fit into Aviva’s plans and what can we expect in the next 12 to 18 months
- What’s up with Guidewire?
- Will insurance just be embedded as part of the things you buy?