In this episode of The MVP Podcast, Mitch Gibson sits down with the President of Inspire a Nation Business, Mentor, and Keynote Speaker, Dr. Billy Williams to discuss some of the best practices for Processes, Technology, and Efficiency that young agents should be following!
If you don’t take at least 3 pages of notes during this episode, then you have no drive to be better! Go out and take action!
- Dr. Billy Williams expresses his gratitude for the opportunity to share information, expertise, and wisdom with the insurance industry, which has done so much for him and his family. (1:59)
- Dr. Billy Williams gives his responses to Mitch’s five rapid questions. (2:50)
- Dr. Billy Williams explains that the first thing a new agent must do when they first start out is experience the customer journey. (7:35)
- Dr. Billy Williams mentions the importance of video proposals as they allow for better, more accurate, and faster communication. (9:48)
- Dr. Billy Williams shares that most of their video proposals are opened numerous times between 10pm and midnight. (14:53)
- Dr. Billy Williams discusses the four types of staff in any agency: processes, technology, automation, and human staff. (18:17)
- According to Dr. Billy Williams, most people can edit success better than they can create it. (26:03)
- Dr. Billy Williams expresses his desire to work with an agent who takes the time to accomplish what has to be done, as opposed to everyone else who has been complacent and comfortable. (30:29)
- Dr. Billy Williams explains that when you don’t provide a process, a verifiable written process, or an accurate process, the other person is left to create something on their own. (34:03)
- Dr. Billy Williams believes that the most common issues with new agents are time management and the ability to properly prioritize and that having a written process may help with both of these. (41:51)
- Dr. Billy Williams discusses the four types of discipline: self-discipline, accountability, automation and technology, and outsourcing and how these types of disciplines affect individuals. (50:13)
- “With video, I can communicate better. I can communicate accurately and I can communicate faster a lot of times than me sitting there trying to do it, and the person receives that message a little bit better. So video proposals are huge.” – Dr. Billy Williams
- “It doesn’t matter what you do when you’re here. What matters is what you leave when you’re gone. And those are the kind of legacy impact things that I want to leave.” – Dr. Billy Williams
- “Those are the two legs: discipline or regret. You’re either going to do it, or you’re going to feel bad that you didn’t do it. So discipline or regret, which one do you want to wake up with every day?” – Dr. Billy Williams